Macdonalds Restaurant & Guest House

Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds Macdonalds
Macdonalds Restaurant & Guest House

Welcome to Macdonalds Restaurant & Guest House

This popular non smoking Guest House and Restaurant has a loyal following. Don’t even think about trying to get a room here at the start of the Pitlochry theatre season. Macdonald’s Restaurant & Guest House was established in 1959 and is still run by family members.

 

"While the rooms are nicely decorated and hospitality enormous, the best thing about the place is undoubtedly the food. Also you can’t beat the price." Scotland for Dummies Travel Guide 2001

 

Situated in the small Victorian Perthshire town of Pitlochry which, nestling in the Tummel Valley, is the geographical centre of Scotland and as holiday resort it and the surrounding district offer facilities unsurpassed for recreation and relaxation.

 

Pitlochry is an ideal base from which to explore many parts of Scotland, with places within easy reach. Macdonalds Restuart and Guest House is located on historical General Wade’s Road constructed during the Jacobite rebellions of the 18th century. It was built as part of King George I’s attempt to repress the Highlands, General Wade constructed a new military road ‘for wheel carriages’ between Dunkeld and Inverness.

Check Availability and Book Online

Book Online Book Our Self Catering Book Our Guest House
Or Call Us For Enquiries
01796 472170
Best Rates

Our Location

Pitlochry Map

The Guest House

The Guesthouse

The guest house has a total of 10 rooms, made up of 7 double rooms, 1 twin room and 2 family rooms. The family room has one double bed and one single bed in the room and accomodate 3 people. All rooms are ensuite and we have private parking.

More

Treasaite Self Catering

Treasaite Self Catering

Treasaite which is Gaelic for "the third place" is a fully furnished Victorian end terrace house of architectural interest, and recently given 'listed building' status, was built in the 1850's and located on the historical General Wade's Road. Max of 5 guests.

More

Ardchoille Cafe

Ardchoille Cafe

Ardchoille comes form the Gaelic meaning the 'High wood'. It started life in 1961 where you could have a coffee and listen to the juke box. Ardchoille Fish & Chip cafe has been owned by the same family since it opened and has served well over 1 million fish and chips.

More

The Restaurant

The Restaurant

At Macdonalds Restaurant and Guest House we only serve the best quality local produce we can find, whether in our Restaurant or the Chippy. We have built an excellent reputation over the years and are very proud of the food we serve in our establishment.

More